After the end of one relationship, or during it, self-involved individuals tend to take all the blame for feeling hurt. And most of the time, these women or men walk away from relationships having this self-talk: ” Oh my god, I lost something valuable, what’s wrong with me?!”
Before we jump to conclusions about our supposedly erratic behavior, I would like you to answer these questions with me:
- My ex-partner called me too sensitive because I reacted to his bad behavior and called him or her out?
- He or she used to nag me because of the way I look or the way I dress?
- Did I caught him or her having flirtatious conversations in social media, and then I got blamed because of my natural reactions towards it?
- Did I felt that he or she was always insecure and with anxiety around me?
- Was he or she present, or was I living one side relationship with “boyghostfriend” or “girlghostfriend”?
Human relationships are complex, but more than try to understand bad or unacceptable behavior from others, there is a deep need to recognize that individuals defined by psychology as empaths or highly sensitive are real. Those are the ones who will at first take all the blame for the hurt and the failed relationship. Respect and honor your traits because you have a gift. The gift of empathy, the gift of being your authentic self, and please do not date confused people that play hot and cold games or are emotionally unstable.
Not all relationships will pass the test of time, not because you aren’t unlovable, but because some people don’t educate themselves to love another human being and think that passion will lead them to the right partner. Men and women spend years of their lives in relationships waiting and hoping that their partner will see and value them. While others give up at the first adversity, thinking that the next person will fulfill their internal void.
Instead of taking all the blame over a failed relationship, reboot your perspective, and understand that it takes two to dance the tango. Take a deep breath because sooner or later, the right partner will cross your path. You deserve so much more than breadcrumbs of affection and love, so please, never settle for less when you can have so much more.
My personal life quote for you:
Don’t waste oceans of love and tenderness over people that only want mountains!