What babies can teach us about love and life?
Babies, these inoffensive little creatures, not only can deeply love other human beings without expecting anything but also teach how vulnerability is a fundamental requisite of our existence. It is ridiculous to perceive that a long time ago, we were babies with an immense and intact capacity to love, laugh, and without too high expectations, just a hug or a kiss would be enough.
Where did we lose ourselves?
Babies don’t care about your status, your income, if you have a big car or a house with a swimming pool. The crying happens not because they are mean, but just because they are scared and perhaps hungry.
So the question also should be, what are we doing with our babies? Are we learning with them, or are we teaching them not only how not to be a baby, but also a terrible future adult?
Babies don’t need selfies. They don’t even care if you are the most popular girl or boy on Instagram. In their gugu gaga language, they might ask themselves
what a fuck is his/her father or mother doing all the time on social media, and not wanting to have fun with them.
These dear little things so good to kiss and carry in our lap, are the pure reflection of how we should be. They laugh when they see us, and yes, their kisses are full of drooling. How generous and kind they are.
What babies teach us about love and life:
- We’re dependent creatures
- Real love is ego-free kind of love, which you don’t expect to receive something in return. You give love because you are in one position where you can to do so.
- Hope. Babies are real educators that there is nothing more important than to believe tomorrow will better than today.
- Look after your needs, and let the ones who can love and see you, approach, and stay around you.
- You don’t need Fakeness or pretend to have a perfect life.
- Love is a threat which keep us sane
- We all are born with a healthy attachment style and the ability to genuinely love others.
Before we consider the fatherhood task, we need to understand love, how real love happens, and not based on Hollywood or Disney assumptions. Bring a baby to this world is more than having someone who will carry our genes. One baby deserves a healthy household because the world will never mourn the unborn babies, but will the ones who don’t have anyone to love or protect them adequately.